Covid-19 Can’t Keep Us Down
We hope this post finds you and your family well during this time of uncertainty and concern. We like you, are monitoring the situation closely and following the direction of local, state, and federal authorities and medical experts.
Like you as well we have experienced a major impact on daily activities and potential future plans. Here is an update:
1. We are contacting our volunteers to help with food distribution on Monday and Thursday at five VISD schools (Aloe Elementary, Crain Elementary, Hopkins Elementary, Rowland Elementary, and Stroman Middle School)
2. We are marshaling our tutors to possibly help students via phone, FaceTime, Skype or others forms of technology.
3. National Junior Achievement has created and is creating more FREE modules to supplement K – 12 social studies and career and technical / work skills curriculum. Check it out at www.ja.org/tomorrows
4. We are trying to set up Career Speaker Webinars with Q & As, resume reviews, mock interviews, and other virtual career and skills related experiences.
5. YOUth LEADership Conference 2020 is scheduled for June 8 – 11. We are hopeful this event can occur when scheduled, but we are making backup plans as the Covid-19 situation keeps evolving. Our top priority remains safety for attendees, presenters, volunteers, and staff.
6. We’ve been volunteering for our non-profit partners such as Food Bank of the Golden Crescent, Meals on Wheels, Community Action Committee, VCAM, and United Way to help the vulnerable (some of which are VISD students, families, grandparents).
You can help us help others during this time by Volunteering or Donating. Click on the buttons to the right.
VBEC (Victoria Business and Education Coalition)
VBEC’s Mission: To bring business and community members together to connect students to the workforce, higher education, or training.
VBEC’s Vision: Business and education working together to help create a productive workforce in the Crossroads area. Read More